The Crimean War (October 1853 – February 1856) was a conflict between the Russian Empire and an alliance of the French Empire, the British Empire, the Ottoman Empire, and the Kingdom of Sardinia. The war was part of a long-running contest between major European powers for influence over territories of the declining Ottoman Empire. Most of the conflict took place on the Crimean peninsula.
- Battle of Alma,
- Battle of Inkerman,
- Battle of Balaclava,
- Charge of the Light Brigade,
This Crimean Battlefield tour will take you back in time to the beautiful Crimean countryside. You will visit the sights of the famous battles of the 1850’s. We will stand where the Thin Red Line stood and see where the ‘Charge of the Light Brigade’ took place. You will experience the peaceful Balaclava Valley and Harbour, climb the Heights of Alma and tour the Bastions of Sevastopol.
We’ll also visit the incredible panorama of the siege and the Museum of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, visit the Heights of Inkerman and relax as we tour the Palaces of Yalta where 1945 Yalta Conference took place.
These 8 day tours include all the above and more. Based primarily in Sevastopol, with its beautiful harbour, we take a relaxed tour in what was the favourite holiday area for the Russian Royal family and rulers of the old regime in the USSR. The peaceful Black Sea forms the backdrop to many of the sites we visit.
Sampling the excellent local foods, on this package provides a hearty breakfast and evening meals.
Crimea makes a wide range of wines, including dry reds and whites, but the regional speciality is sweet wines such as madeira, sherry, muscatel and port. A wine-tasting at the Massandra and Inkerman cellars are a must for any visitor. We’ll have the 90 minutes VIP wine tasting session and exception at the Inkerman winery near Sevastopol and the 90 minutes VIP wine tasting session and exception at the Massandra winery in Yalta.
Price for the 8 days / 7 nights Crimean Battlefield tour:
- Two guests – £1,495 / 2,023 euro per person
- Three guests – £1,390 / 1,880 euro per person
- Four guests – £1,291 / 1,746 euro per person
- Five + guests – £1,195 / 1,617 euro per person
What is included:
- 5 nights 3/4* Accommodation in Sevastopol (breakfast included) twin shared room;
- 2 nights 3/4* Accommodation in Alushta (breakfast included) twin shared room;
- Transfer from airport to the hotel and from the hotel to airport;
- Transportation according to the program of the tour;
- VIP winery visits and tasting Inkerman, Massandra;
- Bottle of Crimean wine in your room upon arrival in hotel near Yalta and Sevastopol;
- Admission tickets to all visited landmarks (according to the program of the tour);
- Guiding-services carried out in English/German/French/Spanish (according to your request);
- The tour can be changed and adjusted according to your wishes;
- Wi-Fi at the hotel
What is NOT included:
- Russian Visa
- Meals and Drinks not specified
- Personal expenses such as telephone, minibar, etc
- Tips and gratuities (guides, restaurants, etc)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
Single room supplement: £ 128 / 178 euro extra p / p.
When you are with a group and wish to make changes to this standard program, please keep in mind that this final price depends on chosen style of accommodation and dining. Please contact us with your group size ( no maximum group size), travel dates and preferences and we will send you custom pricing. Discounts available for larger groups. Please note this tour is available upon demand for PRIVATE GROUPS and is not a scheduled tour to be mixed with other groups. Full payment for this trip is due upon arrival in Crimea.
Alternatively, you could sign up to our social group and join us on the next trip to Crimea.
Please submit your inquiry in the form below: